TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Friday, August 27, 2010

different is good, this world has too much of the same


I don't know about you, but I have certain places in my room where I find it comfortable to think, and these are the places I uhmm get most of my great ideas.
Any way the point is when I was in one of these "said" places, I started thinking (duh) about the concept of individuality. Now wait, hold on, before you think this sounds like a school assignment, It's not.

I read somewhere that the only way to express individuality is by being exactly like someone else who is expressing their individuality.

Okay, let me just add that fundamentally, we are all the same, but because I don't see this world as just black and white, yes and no,or right and wrong, I think that when that sentence, i.e "the only way to express individuality is by being exactly like someone else who is expressing their individuality" is put like that, it does ring some truth to it. In some twisted kind of way people do tend to express their individuality................ by being exactly like someone else. Blame it TV shows or the things we read in magazines but whatever it is, the idea of the individual is being lost somewhere between what Blair Waldorf is wearing, how Paris Hilton speaks, and what Lindsay Lohan weighs. #imjustsaying

While we are all caught up being the same, people forget that different is good too. Whats wrong with cherishing your individuality? After all we are all unique and that's what makes life interesting. Imagine a world where everyone is the same? honestly, where is the fun in that? This world already has too much of the same.

Funny story, people look at people who are different as if there is something wrong with them. well then, that's our first problem I guess, *sigh* People don't want to be different.

"Normal is the absence of individuality"

Lu3Lu
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment