TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Thursday, December 16, 2010

L.O.V.E <~~ what is this?

"L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore
Cuz love is all that I can give to you, love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it, take my heart and please don't break it, love was made for me and you!"

I had 2 open this post with the lyrics of Nat King Coles famous song "L.O.V.E" because I recently watched The Parent Trap for like the gazillionth time this past week..... (Yes, I love it that much. Don't judge me.). And like every other romantic movie out there, (refer to previous blog post) it teaches us that love can conquer all... Or at least it should be able to.

I'm a sucker for love, break my heart a thousand times (touch wood) and I'm sure I will still believe in "the one".. But even so, love confuses me, its not so black and white like many movies, books and songs make it appear to be. I had a status on facebook the other day about what would mean more: if someone says "I love you" or if they say "love you" and someone said to me, either way love is a term that's now loosely used.

So what is love? This is one of the most difficult questions asked, right there with questions about quantum physics and the stock exchange. No one can give a proper definition, to some love is friendship that's been set on fire, to others love is like luck that you may just stumble upon, to a few love is the feeling you hope someone gets when you feed them a mixture of perfume, water and tea leaves. Either way, we all have our different definitions, and when I asked my 5 year old sister what hers is, she looked at me innocently and said "its when you get together with someone and kiss"

Its funny how most of us are confused about love yet it seems so easy to children. It did not take a lot of thought from my little sister before she said that, she just said it. So I thought it would be fun to see what other children thought about love, and then maybe, just maybe I would FINALLY know what I'm dealing with.
Here is what I found:

On what falling in love is like:-
'Its like an avalanche where you have to run for your life' (Roger 9)

'If falling in love is like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long' (Leo 7)

Why love happens between two particular people:-
'I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it is not supposed to be so painful' (Harlen 8)

How people in love typically behave:-
'Mooshy... Like puppy dogs... Except puppy dogs don't wag their tails nearly as much' (Arnold 10)

'When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down and they don't get up for at least an hour' (Wendy 8)

'All of a sudden, the people get movies fever so they can sit together in the dark (Sherm 8)

What is the proper age to get married:-
"Eighty four! Because at that age, you don't have to work anymore and you can spend your time loving each other in your bedroom' (Judy 8)

'Once I'm done with kindagarten, I'm going to find me a wife' (Tom 5)

What do most people do on a date:-
'On the first date they tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested to go on a second date' (Mike 10)

When is it okay to kiss someone:-
"You should never kiss a girl, unless you have enough bucks to buy her a big ring and her own VCR, cause she will want to have videos of the wedding' (Jim, 10)

Is it better to be single or married:-
"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid I don't need that kind of trouble" (Kenny 7)

Good looks in love:-
'It isn't always just how you look. Look at me, I'm handsome like anything and I haven't got anyone to marry me yet' (Gary, 7)

Confidential opinions about love:-
'I'm in favour of love, as long as it does not happen when The Simpsons is on television' (Anita 6)

'Love will find you, even if you hide from it. I've been trying to hide from it since I was 5 but the girls keep finding me' (Bobby 8)

Personal qualities necessary to be a good lover:-
'One of you must know how to write a check because even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills' (Aya 8)

Ways to make a person fall in love with you:-
'One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure its something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me' (Bart 9)

What are most people thinking when they say I love you:-
'The person is thinking yeah I do really love him, but I hope he at least showers once a day' (Michelle 9)

How to make love endure:-
'Don't forget your wifes name.... That will mess up the love' (Dick 7)

'Don't say you love someone and then change your mind, love isn't like picking which movie you want to watch' (Natalie 9)


Kids say the darndest things, but we could learn from them :)

Lu3lu
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment