TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Monday, July 8, 2013

"We can count on so few people to walk that hard way with us"

"We can count on so few people to walk that hard way with us" 

(1) Tumblr
Here
Hard, particularly lifes hard, is relative. Your hard, my hard, their hard, is not the same, but whatever the case is, it is often that the quote above is very true.

I have been spending a lot of my time lately, call it reflection or the pause before the big jump, thinking about the people in my life that I have come a long way with, and while the list may not be as long as forever, there are a handful of people I can point to and that I know I will always be able to point to. But this hasn't always been the case. We always come across people, some we may even dare to call best friends, that come in to our life and make us feel or think we have found the real meaning of lifelong, but then something happens, big, small or nothing at all that makes you realise "we can count on so few people to walk that hard way with us"
.... and this has happened to me time and time again, I've pretty much ditched the term best friend, even though Lord knows I have some of the best, and I learnt a valuable lesson in reason, season or a lifetime.

Maybe it is something to do with growing up, in fact scratch that, it has everything to do with growing up. The more you do it, the fewer friends you do it with. Your priorities change, and what you start to look for in friendships have changed along with them. So when I reflect on the almost friendships and the lost ones too, I realise why they may not be such a bad thing.

I only want a few people to walk the hard way with me, and there are only a few people that I want to walk the hard way with. While I may not believe in 'no new friends' I believe that when you find the friends that encourage you, support you, believe in you, make you a better person, and generally make lifes hards easier then keep that circle tight.


We sometimes fool ourselves in thinking that we need so many people around us to not feel lonely, but there is a power in only having a few friends. A power in not having to count on so many people, because really if we are being honest, people often cannot be counted on to be counted on.

Lu3Lu
Xx

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment