TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Friday, March 18, 2011

While we were sleeping...

It's taken me this long to write a post about all the happenings in Japan, but I just could not find the right words to say. It's one thing to talk and write about how bad and terrible something is, but it's something else for the people who actually had to go through those bad and terrible things.

My heart definitely goes out to them


I heard somewhere that Life goes on, with or without you.
I have to say, this is the most real thing I have heard in a long time. I don't know if it's because I lack inspiration around me, or maybe because I don't hear a lot of 'real' things, but when I heard this it really took me a step back and made me think 'woah'
Granted it was said in the sense of, you have to make the most of your life, accept change, live and let live, and if you choose not to then that's YOUR problem because life is going to go on with or without you and it's your choice whether you want to stand on the sidelines and watch it pass you by or, get in the game and play!

But as I stew this around in my mind a little, I realise it means more than just live your life. I don't know if it's just me but, read this quote, I took this from the movie Perfect Getaway (weird weird movie)

"... If I just turn my head... ya know. For just a minute and... but don't tell me, but does everything just stop? Just shut down... go in to some energy saving hibernation mode, till I choose to reactivate them by simply turning my head back?"

This is how I feel when I go to sleep.

I just feel like everything goes to sleep with me, I'm so unaware of everything else that's going on around me (obviously) that it really feels like nothing IS going on around me and everything resumes again when I wake up. Call me crazy.

And then to wake up hearing from facebook and twitter that an earthquake AND tsunami, (not to mention the nuclear situation) hit Japan, I'm like wait what? when did this happen?? Well............... While you were sleeping.

This really put that line "life goes on with or without you" into perspective for me, because while I was busy dreaming of getting fat (see previous post) thousands of people were dying.
Just makes me sad you know? Not that being awake a thousand miles away would have helped anything either, but kinda just sucks!

They are going through a hard time over there (again, not like I actually know what the 'hard time over there' is) but I can definitely pray for them, we should all pray for them.


Let's not forget the things that happen while we were sleeping.



Lu3Lu
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment