TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dinner Party Guests: Marilyn Monroe & Audrey Hepburn




Ever think of who {dead or alive} you would invite to a dinner party? I do, all the time, and even though my list changes changes quite often, almost all the time Marilyn and/or Audrey make the cut.
My mild obsession with Marilyn Monroe started after I watched My Week with Marilyn. Such a beautiful movie, and naturally {because I felt she was a very close friend of mine} I morphed into a mini detective trying to solve the age old mystery of her death. Audrey on the other hand, after finally watching Breakfast at Tiffany's {which I made a promise to do here} I finally got what all the fuss was about. I get that it was a movie, and none of it was real, but I just imagined myself hanging out with the lady on the screen and having an absolute good time.

Regardless, there is a reason why we as women use many of the things Marilyn and Audrey said then to apply to our lives now, because despite being popular for their acting, singing, fashion and style these women inspire young girls and women, in love, friendship, life, and womanhood.
I can definitely raise my hand to testify to this. I have caught myself a time or two relating to something they have said, sticking by it, and trying to apply it to my life, I mean no wonder I want to have them at my dinner party. What other secrets to life are they holding back?

Here are some of my favourites.

Marilyn Monroe


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together" 

"We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." 

"Just because you fail once, it doesn't mean you are going to fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on and always always always believe in yourself, because if you don't then who will? So keep your head high, your chin up and most importantly, keep smiling because life is beautiful and there is so much to smile about" 

"It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" 

"For those who are poor in happiness, each time is a first time, happiness never becomes a habit." 

"I do not stop when I am tired, I stop when I am done..." 

Audrey Hepburn 


"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like the most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." 

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him"

"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping  others." 

"I decided very early on, just accept life unconditionally; I have never expected it to do anything special, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened without my ever seeking it" 

"I don't take my life seriously, but I do take what I do - in my life - seriously"


I just love these ladies and what they stand for, they inspire {at least me} to go for what I want, be confident and happy as a woman.

Who would you invite to a dinner party?

Lu3Lu
Xx 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment