TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Saturday, July 23, 2011

They Tried To Make Her Go To Rehab

It is just so sad to see and read about Amy Winehouse's passing. Death is really something we can never get used to. I had planned a post about something else, but when I heard about Amy Winehouse I guess all that went out the window.
I'm speechless to say the least.
I can't say I was a huge fan of her music or anything, but Amy was cool people. Most importantly she was a human being. I see a lot of people on twitter and facebook saying how all this is her fault and drug addicts deserve what comes their way, and what else did she expect?
I don't know, it's all just so sad. I don't think anyone deserves anything bad happening to them, especially something as terrible as death.
It's one thing to criticize drug addicts but it's another to think that their death is less important because of their drug use.
The way I see it, death is death. Whether you were hit by a car or you overdosed on pain killers, death is sad and should not be celebrated.
Rather celebrate the life someone lived.

Someone tweeted:

Another human being losing her life is sad. Amy was not a murderer or a rapist to deserve such nasty tweets from you perfect individuals!

How true.

As I said, I was not a huge fan, but here is to celebrating Amy Winehouse's life.

"I think we have to be aware that people are allowed to make mistakes" - Amy Winehouse


'I believe in casual sex. I know it's sad that I think cheating on people is fine. But I think it's like smoking a spliff. Oops, I've gobbed on myself!' - Amy Winehouse


'There's no point in saying anything but the truth. Because, at the end of the day, I don't have to answer to you, or my ex, or ... I shouldn't say God ... or a man in a suit from the record company. I have to answer to myself.' - Amy Winehouse


"You get straight men that are fu**ing big pussies like my ex-boyfriend, and gay men who are like, "Can I carry that for you? Take my jacket." And you wish they didn't like boys" - Amy Winehouse


'It's just my music. It's the only thing I have real dignity in in my life. That's the one area in my life where I can hold my head up and say, "No one can touch me." 'Cos no one can touch me!' - Amy Winehouse


“I don’t need help because if I can’t help myself I can’t be helped.” - Amy Winehouse


“It’s too much of a drinking culture, everything tastes better with a drink. Like, watch TV: glass of wine. Cooking dinner: glass of champagne. White wine vinegar hasn’t got white wine in it. Has it?” - Amy Winehouse

R.I.P. Wino

Lu3Lu
xx


1 comment:

  1. What?! When did this happen? (Obviously, I need to watch TV more.) My condolences to her, she's such a big talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment