TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Friday, February 8, 2013

It Is Important with Whom You Regularly Associate


I might just be the only one who hasn't proclaimed {at least out loud} that 2013 is their year. I'm just not too sure about putting so much pressure on a year with the off chance that it might all fall to s**t. I'm happy to welcome 2013 as my year, when it becomes my year, but till then I am happy just working at making it so.

BUT

My 2013 will be one of immense growth, and this I am pretty happy to state out loud. I've spent the past couple of years doing the same things, particularly surrounding myself with the the kind of people that are just not good for any kind of mental, emotional or spiritual growth, because either 1) they are so self involved that they don't even realise that this world hosts other human beings, 2) they have no idea what the word progression means 3) they use, abuse and misuse people for their own benefit, or 4) they have more faces than the Lord intended, basically, small people.


I mean it is no secret that we are not getting any younger, and it makes no sense to just grow in age and not have anything mentally to back that up. A lot of us are now at the age we are trying to grow ourselves, become career women, family women and maybe this is the needy child in me speaking but it is at this time you need to surround yourself with people that make a difference. We need people that are going to support us, rejoice in our achievements, encourage us when we have low spirits and be rocks when all we see around us is shaky ground. This is what we need, but we are also at that age where we should not be afraid to walk alone and we should not be afraid to like it. It's been a reality to many and a reality I am starting to notice for myself, which is why I love this particular quote by Mark Twain that states

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great. When you are seeking to bring big plans into fruition it is important with whom you regularly associate. Hang out with friends who are like minded and who are also designing purpose filled lives. Similarly be that kind of friend to your friends."

This is my 2013 in a nutshell. I am going to grow in this, because there I believe at this point in my life there is nothing truer. I am thankful for the friends who are all this and more to me. Here is to a great 2013!



Lu3Lu
Xx

1 comment:

  1. I also declared that 2013 is my year.
    It would have to be shocking for it to be worse than 2012 so I should be ok!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment