TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Thursday, August 4, 2011

These Are Few Of My Favourite Things

I have had a step in dog poop, can't find my car keys, late to work kind of day.
No these things did not actually happen, but if they did, it would not have made a difference.
Actually I was in fact late to work, with only a few minutes to spare before my boss showed up.
Phew.
But that lucky miss didn't stop everything else from spiraling out of control.
Maybe my spiraling out of control is a bit exaggerated but it's kind of hard to see any silver lining when you literally wake up on the wrong side of bed.

Quick question:
What do you do to make yourself feel better when your day has taken a sharp left turn?

I attempt to sing.
I remember growing up loving the Sound of Music.


I knew all the words to the songs and I specifically loved "My Favorite Things" and I actually believed that if you said your favorite things in the form of a tune with a hint of a melody when things were not working out quite your way, then things will surely turn around.

I never actually made a list of my favorite things though, I kind of just got lazy and pretended raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens and brown paper packages tied up in string were my favorite things.
And just as I had expected singing this song never actually made me feel better.
It made me feel like watching the movie again, but feel better, not so much.

So because today is just so bleh, I thought I would remember some of my favorite things and hopefully hear some back from you guys?

1. Laying in bed next to the Mister on a cold winter night. Oh who am I kidding, laying next to him in all sorts of weather, it could be blazing hot outside but as long as I am next to him, I am a happy chappy.   
2. Nice hot shower at the end of a long hard day. It's almost better than a massage. I said almost. 
3. Having the Mister in the kitchen practicing one of his self made recipes on me. Two days ago I had the  greatest dinner ever, and ever is a long time. So just imagine.
4. Listening to my favorite song over and over again. They made a repeat button for a reason. 
5. Dressing up before a night out on the town. My life has changed somewhat lately, and I don't go out as much as I would like to. So when the time comes around, I want to go all out and then some. 
6. Spending any sort of time with my sisters and my mother. Those guys just do it me for. I'm always laughing in the presence of these people and that is more than I can ask for.
7. Discovering a new shop. Right now I am currently loving Forever New. I just love clothes. I never seem to have enough, and finding a shop that gives me what I need is amazing.
8. Putting a smile on peoples faces.
9. Drinking tea. A lot of people think I am crazy because I can do this at any given time of the day and not feel guilty about it.
10. Watching or reading a great love story.
11. Waking up after 12pm on a week day. I really don't get to do much of this, so when it does happen I think it's Christmas.
12. Why blogging of course. I'm so sad that I don't find the time to do it these days, but I can't think of anything better to spend my spare time doing. I love it, and the people I meet on here everyday!

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!

These are a few of my favorite things.. I actually am going to do a couple when I finally get home and try put this day behind me. 

What are some of your favorite things? 

Lu3Lu
xx

4 comments:

  1. People feel guilty when they drink tea certain times of the day? Not this guy. And I also love sleeping in, and staying up late :) Hope things go better for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea too, Rooibos is my fav. I have a list of my favorite things too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you always talk about your Mr. I'm always talking about my boyfriend when i'm with my friends and they make it sound like it's not normal. Maybe it's not but at least someone else does it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment