TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Monday, April 11, 2011

Daily inspiration: Mistakes


I always say that the only thing flawless is the word flawless.

In class today I learnt that penicillin was made by mistake.

They were trying to create some other drug, and while mixing a bunch of stuff together out came penicillin.

It's crazy to think that one of the most commonly used medicines was made by mistake?

Imagine that.

'Oops look what we did, we put chemical A instead of chemical B.

That's ok, let's just test it on a rat and have a look see.

Oh my word, would you look at that.

It's doing something.

Let's call it penicillin'

I can be the first to admit that I am afraid of making mistakes, not only for the fear of being wrong, but for the fear of being judged.


I hate being worng, and I hate being judged even more. But if there is something I have learnt it's that a great character trait in people is the ability to learn that making mistakes is how you learn.


Sometimes you can create penicillin out of your mistakes. Other times you can correct those mistakes. But a mistake is just that, a mistake.


You live and you learn.


Let's create penicillin shall we?



Lu3Lu


xx

3 comments:

  1. That was just what I needed to hear today! Thanks! I try to view 'mistakes' as opportunities to learn and make myself a better person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. check my blog today - something for ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally welcome Brittany, I completely agree with you. It's something I learn everyday. (",)

    Thank youuuuu Brazen! *jaw drops* I'm so stoked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment