TwitterPinterestInstagramEmailHomeAboutGuest PostsContact

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

'Dress Me I'm Your Mannequin'



“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” -Gwyneth Paltrow

I've never really got the hang of this make up thing. I hardly use it, for starters, and it just seems so complicated.
Don't get me wrong, I love it.
I think make up does whatever it does to the people who use it for a reason. Whether it is to boost your confidence, or make you daring, look gorgeous or dress up for Halloween, make up is like that star that led the three kings to Jesus Christ (your guide)
But as far as I'm concerned no matter how many times I try and put it on, I'm never fully satisfied.

In fact I told my friend once that I decided make up is not for me, and even though I still bother to give it a try once in a while I just don't look as great as when other people do it.
She told me, rubbish! You just need to find the right colors and put it on right. Make up is for everyone!
She makes it sound (and look I might add) so easy.
Well, try confusing.
Liquid foundation or powder? Liquid eyeliner or pencil? Thick mascara or not? See my dilemma? Oh and not to mention what actually works with your face, color? Tone? Amount?
Ay dios mio!! *sigh*

I've been told to never give up, so I'm still on my quest to find the perfect make up for my skin, in the meantime I guess I will just have fun trying it all out.

You know who's make up I love though?
The Kardashian sisters.
I think they look completely stunning, it's almost not even fair or allowed! Agree?

In their book Kardashian Konfidential they mention how they like to wear their make up in a section called 'Live! From hair and make up'

Kim:
'When I'm making up myself, I put a primer first. I think it's really important. Smashbox makes a good primer. For eyeliner I like MAC liquid eyeliner in black. It's really really black and it just glides on. I like to use a liquid lifting concealer under my eyes either from Christian Dior or Make Up For Ever. And I always have translucent powder with me for touch ups. You can get a good translucent powder from the Laura Mercier line Shisheido or Bobby Brown. For nails I love love love all of Sally Hansen's products. I also like shampoos by Finesse and Herbal Essence, and Suave mousse.'

Kim Make up style




1. Smashbox Primer
2. MAC liquid eyeliner
3. Liquid lifting concealer
4. Translucent powder
5. Sally Hansen nail products
6. Herbal Essence Shampoo
7. Suave mousse.


Khloe:
'I always do my own mascara, even when I am getting hair and makeup. I only use Lancome, either Hypnose or Drama. And I use Chanel waterproof eyeliner pencil or MAC or Stila because they are so black. When I'm doing my own makeup I like to use Chanel foundation because it is really easy to apply. I use two body lotions (and now Lamar does too) one is La Mer and the other is one I now get from homebody.com. Somethings I just have to have at all times in my bathroom. They are beauty staples, for instance Vaseline is an amazing product. About once a week I slather it onto my feet and put socks on. I wear them for about an hour and ta-da! My feet are as soft as a baby's bottom.'

Khloe Kardashian Make up style


1. Lancome mascara
2. Waterproof eyeliner pencil
3. Chanel foundation
4. La Mer body lotion
5. Vaseline


Koutney:

'Recently I am so over wearing tons of makeup and tight dresses and big hair. I like to throw my hair in a pony tail and be done. Especially now that I have Mason."

- I guess she does a good job at just looking gorgeous either way with or sans Mason.

I just love how these girls look.
Grateful for their style tips too, not that I could even pull them off.

Any of you guys with any makeup style secrets?
Let me know, I would love to know what everyone else is doing/using?

Lu3Lu
xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love make up! The Kardashians are pretty cool too! Kim's my fave of course!

    Eyeliner is a must! If you don't wanna wear anything else, wear eyeliner! It does wonders! (On both the top and bottom lids... I never got why some people on do one, like only the top or only the bottom... when you do both, it looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard of Lauren Luke? Google her and watch her youtube videos, she does make-up tutorials which are so helpful if you have no idea about any of it (which is my problem too!). Otherwise I ask the people on make-up counters in department stores, they generally do all the playing around to match colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Shar. You sound just like my friend actually. She always does both top and bottom as well. I try it, but I never really get the top so well. :( I agree though, when you do both it looks amazing!

    @summer-claire (did I ever tell you that I like your name? My second name is clare too (",) ) I will google Lauren Luke, I think this is exactly what I need.

    You guys are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God I'm a guy :D U R pretty either h'way, honey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment